More power for complex markets.
Take AURORAxmp to the next level. Nodal Capability.
While zonal analysis is enough for some markets, it can only take you so far. Increasingly, markets are moving to locational marginal pricing (LMP), and zonal models can’t go the distance. Whether you’re assessing complex power systems in depth over time, forecasting LMP, or performing congestion analysis, AURORAxmp’s Nodal Capability gives you the power you need for deep, multiple-bus analysis.
Nodal Capability Features
AURORAxmp's familiar graphical user interface brings you:
- Optimal power flow (OPF) as the basis for locational marginal pricing
- Security-constrained OPF (SCOPF)
- Ease of use and speed
- GIS-based output display
AURORAxmp with Nodal Capability lets you perform:
- LMP forecasts (locational marginal prices at node/hub/area levels)
- Financial transmission rights (FTR) and congestion revenue rights (CRR) analysis
- Congestion exposure evaluation
- Location-specific asset valuation
- Generation siting and transmission upgrade evaluation
Couple these extended capabilities with EPIS's Nodal Input Data databases and AURORAxmp's scripting abilities, and you get the extensible modeling power you need for today's complex nodal markets.